{ Wall Art Project }
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
I am a little ashamed to say that this project has been on the go for a while now. I have had the idea for a few months already and during that time have been finding the perfect frames, choosing the perfect photos and finding the perfect arrangement for my beautiful creation.
I had to visit many different shops to find all the frames that i used. This entire project started with the bottom photo frame - i found it in the Boxing Day sale from BHS.
Tried several different layouts with the empty frames but finally decided that i needed a few more photo frames to complete the look. So, i found a few more and sat down with my laptop and post-it notes to sort out which photo i wanted for each photo frame.
I then decided to try something new and order my prints off the net. I did some investigating and found out that SnapFish had some pretty good ratings by its customers. Prices were good, customer service good, quality excellent and service above all others.
Friday evening i decided i was going to complete this. I got the photos out and put them. I then was trying to figure out how to arrange things and even more so how to get them all the same distance from each other AND straight! So, i got creative and decided to make paper templates of the frames and stick those one the wall first. I measure them, made a note of the where the nails and hooks would need to go and set about deciding on the final arrangement.
It really helps to finish off my lounge, and what i love most about this project is that in a few months time i can always just change the photos. It keeps it fresh and fun!


0 comments