It's no secret
Saturday, March 26, 2011that flowers and i don't get along. You would have assumed that as gardening and flowering are a part of my families life, that i would have been given the gift of green thumbs.....but alas this was not the case.
I love flowers, the fresh air and getting my hands dirty with moist, cool sand, but for some reason, whatever i plant never seems to last very long. So, when i moved into my flat last year, i decided that i would try bringing some flowers indoors and see if that made any difference to my gardening skills......it didn't! I tried really hard with Olivia. I gave her a sunny spot in the kitchen, watered her, nurtured her and spoke to her often. Towards the end i even resorted to a little threatening......nothing too mean but she had to know that if she insisted on dying then i would have no option but to throw her in the bin.
Clearly, this was not the deterrent that she needed.
So last night, after meeting my mom for coffee and dinner, i came across some orchids which were on sale. I walked past them a few times and then finally asked my mom if she thought i should try again. I didn't want to be responsible for yet another death, but i don't like failure either.
Meet Grace - the new addition to my family. Here's hoping she has better luck than Olivia!



1 comments
You are not alone here! My hubby calls me pesticide! lol I can grow stuff outside but if I bring it in ... i kill it... sigh. I have a few plants in the house now and they are doing ok - meaning they have survived the winter in the house, but once summer is here they are back outside to resume living!☺
ReplyDelete