Life Lesson #1: Let some of it GO

Monday, March 07, 2011


We all have these ideas about how things should be. About what you should be doing, how you should be doing it and why you spend sometimes many many hours doing it.  Some times these ideas and expectations that we have are great - they help us to get things done and to do them well, however sometimes, they do more harm than good.
More stuff
That new handbag or scale or top or whatever is not the one thing i need to make me happy.  Spending money wont make me happy and wont give my life meaning. Getting more stuff will only more stuff to keep clean and more stuff to move when i buy my own place
Moving on and finding my place
Maybe i have already found my place. Maybe there is no need for me to move on any time soon.  Perhaps the idea that i feel like i haven't yet found my place is stopping me from feeling like this is my place. STOP! Give it a fare try!
Keeping up
I already know this one, but its important to remind myself as often as possible.  There is no need for me to compare myself with others or with the ideas i have for myself. There is no one that i need to keep up with!
Work Obsession
This one is a toughie for me at the moment. I really feel like i have made a start on this, but i still have so much progress to make.  I need to ease up on this - i need to learn to take a step back. Don't get bogged under by those things you think you need to do.
Stuff that really matters
Stay focused on what really matters and on that note - it doesn't ALL matter!  You wont regret the stuff you weed out, but you will regret trying to do everything.
Things that define me that shouldn't
Some aspects of my life, of who I am, I have allowed to be defined by my history and my incorrect thinking.  Living like this is not only hard work but it is also exhausting!  It's going to take some time and some hard work but i am sure it will be worth it in the end.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am working on this too from a 'healthy weight loss' perspective. Let go and let God...
    I am working on stress release this week and getting into a healthier mind set with life -- hopefully it will result in a healthier weight too!☺
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete