{ 31 Days of thoughts and love :: Day 5 Blessing others }
Friday, October 05, 2012
I am a big believer in doing what you can for others, especially when you have enough for yourself. Today my thoughts were a little ahead of the present, they were focused on Christmas. I don't normally look at Christmas this early in the year but for this wonderful cause, I thought it would be well worth it.
While I know this organization are international, it probably goes by different names depending on the country you live in. The name by which I know it, is the "Christmas Shoe Box" and this is the first time that I have been a part of it.
It can cost as little or as much as you like and you can pick if you want it to be for a girl or a boy. If you don't have the time to do the shopping, wrapping and dropping off then you can donate a certain amount and all of that stuff gets done for you. The other thing that I thought was pretty cool, is that if you register your donation of £2.50 for the postage costs online, then you get a special code to which you can track your parcel and found out which country it gets delivered to. I think that this is such a great way to bring some happiness and blessing into other peoples lives.
If you live in the UK and would like to take part you can click here, if you are somewhere else in this lovely world I would suggest a Google search saying something along the lines of "Christmas shoe box". Go on, make a child's Christmas magical this year!



0 comments