{ 31 Days of thoughts and love :: Day 22 Integrity }

Monday, October 22, 2012

integrity

Integrity is defined as 

adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character ; honesty

Integrity is a noun - a doing word.  It requires someone to take action, to do things on purpose. It comes from deep within and greatly speaks to who you are as a person. 

integrity

It breaks my heart to say this but I work for a company in which Integrity is a no show. The people who are in a position to make decisions, to change peoples lives, conduct themselves in such a way in which Integrity does not appear to be a part of their moral compass.  Personal gain far outweighs values, and the people who are in a position to make changes seem to lack the courage to stand up for what is right.  

Integrity

I'm not perfect in this department, but my Integrity is very important to me. I believe in doing things correctly ...even when no one is watching, I believe in being honest about things and I believe in justice.  Decency and fairness are an integral part of my day.....and right now I am finding myself working in a department and for a company where none of this matters. To be honest, the opposite actions of Integrity are rewarded rather than challenged and people are being recognised for performance achieved through cheating and underhanded practises.  

I have come to realise that I can't continue to work in this environment. The daily conflict that i find myself in is exhausting and I am finding that I am miserable by the time home time rolls around.
Hello job hunting - here I come!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments