Living with intention
Monday, June 18, 2012
I have been single for a long time now, about four and a half years to be more precise. I know that I needed to take time to heal, to sort things, to figure it all out but lets be honest. When I ended things with my ex, I hadn't expected to still be sitting here single, four and a half years later. But, that's a post for another time.
One of the things that I have noticed during my time of living on my own, is that my life is pretty routine. Nothing much changes unless I make a conscious effort to change it. I know where everything is, I know what I will be doing tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. I only watch things that I want to watch and I only go to places that I love. It's not a bad life by any means, but it does mean that I have found that if I am not more aware, my life moves past me without me even noticing. The routine of my everyday life overshadows the time that passes, the time in which nothing much changes, and sadly that I don't see much growth in my life. Its easy to come home from work, cook dinner and sit on the Internet while watching TV and before I know, the evening has gone and its time to head to bed. If I don't pay close enough attention, weeks can go by like that.
I read an article somewhere about this very issue. About how living alone can give you the freedom to do whatever you want...and yet so many people choose to use that freedom to simply sit in front of the TV. Well, I don't want to waste my freedom anymore. I want to pay attention to what is going on around me and I want to use this time constructively, to grow as a person, to create a life that I can call me own and be proud of.
I want to set some intentions for the week ahead. Intentions that will get me closer to my dreams, even if it is just a baby step closer. I want to make the most of this alone time that I have and I plan on doing that this week by doing the following:
* Read all the material that I need to cover for TMA03 by the end of the week
* Turn off the TV two evenings this week
* Curl up in bed early one evening and spend the time reading
* Complete Soul Detox
* Blog
* Make an arrangement to go for coffee with Anna
* Cook wholesome meals and plan my food for the day ahead
* Spend time breaking down the "how" that will help me reach my dreams
* Create
How do you make sure that you are living your life with intention?

0 comments