June Intentions
Saturday, June 02, 2012The big one for me this month is going to be the setting of boundaries at work.
Work is the one place that I seem to really battle with maintaining balance - especially these past few days. I say yes to things that I shouldn't do because I don't want to disappoint and because I feel like I have to and I have things piled on me without standing up for myself and explaining just how much I already have on my plate. These past few days have been particularly bad and I came away from work on Friday exhausted and with a very sore throat. I had also spent most of the day holding back the tears, trying my hardest to keep it all together. So I came home and did some thinking. I knew that I couldn't keep going like I was so I have created some boundaries that I am going to implement during June.
I know that this will definitely be one of those things that change as time goes on and I am OK with that - I just wanted to get something together to start off with. Like a skeleton draft I guess. So here is what I have come up with so far:
1. Each day I will not only have my lunch break but I will take it away from my desk to ensure that I don't get interrupted.
2. I will not agree to pick up anyone else's work
3. I will speak up when I am being asked to take on more
I know its only three things, but it's a start right?


0 comments