{ A time of my life }
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Day 12 || What do you miss?
Today's challenge is all about what I miss, be that a person, a place or a time of my life. I have done a lot of travelling so far and therefore I have a lot of people, living across the world, that I miss on a daily basis. I couldn't possibly pick just one of them to blog about so I thought I would talk about a time in my life that I miss.
Two months after I turned eighteen, i packed my bags and moved from South Africa to America. I had been dreaming about doing it for about two years prior and I was so excited about what was going to lie ahead. There is this memory that I have that I love, and that from time to time I really miss.
It's rather simple and may not seem like much when I share it, but you know why I think it is so special to me? I think its because of the feelings that go along with the memory. So, here's the memory..........
When I was in the states, I lived in Fairfield, CT and our house was out in the country side. I remember driving home, with the windows down, along a street like the picture above. The air was fresh, the sky was blue and the leaves on the tree's beautiful. I remember the number of times that I would drive along here thinking to myself how lucky I was to be living my dream, to be free and independent and to be doing exactly what I wanted to do.
That feeling right there, the one of knowing that I was living my dream, is what I miss sometimes. Now I know that life changes as you get older and while I am happy with my life as it is right now, at times I find myself missing that feeling, that knowing that where I was, was exactly where I should have been.

2 comments
Wow, you have travelled an interesting road so far. You make your CT time sound like a pretty cool place to be. I chose a place and time as well because, like you, I thought the people were a given.
ReplyDeleteI get this COMPLETELY. Completely. But how lucky are we to have had that feeling, right???
ReplyDelete