{ 2013....a year of Grace }

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

As has been the general practice for a few years now, with the beginning of a New Year brings a new word for that year.  You can read all about One Little Word here if you haven't come across it before, but basically it's a word that you choose that encapsulates how you want to live or what you want to focus on during the year ahead.

If you hadn't yet guessed, my word for 2013 is Grace.  Grace is defined as:

                                                             1. a:  unmerited favour
                                                                 b:  a virtue coming from God
                                                                 c:  God's gift to me

2013 has some big things that are happening in it and I know that the only way that I am going to come out of this year achieving and doing what I need to do is by God's Grace. Grace to pick me up when I am low, Grace to help me in my weaknesses.  Because I know that I can not face this year on my own or in my own strength - or lack there of.  I need God and I need his Grace - so this is the story behind my word for this year.

Not that a word isn't enough, but I also wanted a bible verse to go along with my word. This isn't a normal tradition for me, however I know that when things get tough I will need a reminder of this - and 2 Corinthians 12:9 seemed like the perfect verse.


To get my heart, mind, soul and spirit in the right place for this year ahead, I am going to be doing a daily 12 hour fast for the first week, starting today.  The thing that I love about the fasting is that you can choose what you want to fast from - it doesn't always have to be food.  It can be anything that has meaning to you. That being said, I am however going to fast from food.  I am looking forward to making this sacrifice, to have it hopefully bring me closer in my relationship with God.    

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am excited to follow your journey with Grace! My word for 2013 is "refresh".
    Did you join the OLW class? I am thinking about it...
    I like the 12 hour fast idea too. I may incorporate that into my New Year routine also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refresh is such a great word - I love it!
      No i haven't joined the OWL class - I have been looking at it but haven't yet decided if I am going to join or not. I am still working on my soul restoration book. Let me know if you decide to join and how you find it.
      Today was day 1 of my fast and I was hungry but it was good. I just wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow so that I could have a bit of a longer quiet time. Ill just have to find a way to make it work.
      Hope you have had a lovely Christmas and New year xx

      Delete