{ Cupcakes - a lighter version }
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
It's not very often that I get a chance to bake anymore. The thing is, is that while I love baking I end up having to eat it all. Now most people wouldn't see that as too much of a hardship, but for me it would definitely be counter productive to my health journey.
So when I come across lighter versions of my favorite treats or snacks - I have no choice but to get baking.
Servings: 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 - 14 min
Syns per serving: 1
Ingredients
3 eggs
6 tbsp sweetener
1 options chocolate or 11g Cocoa powder
1 mullerlight yogurt
50g Flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Whisk egg whites and add the sweetener a little at a time.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks, yogurt, vanilla and the options or cocoa powder.
4. Gently fold in the egg whites and fold in the flour.
5. Fill 8 muffin cases and bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
Hope that you enjoy!
There are so many options that you could do with this, instead of the chocolate options consider trying the white or mint options and consider using flavored yogurts for example cherry or strawberry. Whatever you think will go together. The one other tip that I would give is that I would cook them for fourteen minutes rather than twelve as they were still a little "wet" in the middle.




0 comments