{ Five years on ... }

Monday, December 31, 2012

This is what I will say in my next interview when they ask me for my 5 year plan. LOL

Five years ago today, I made one of the most significant and difficult decision of my life.  The thing is, I have written and rewritten this post numerous times over the past few days as I am not sure how much I actually want to share. So, I'll move on past all the details and onto the difference that five years has made for me.

  • These years have shown me that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.
  • Instead of constantly living from one pay check to another and often not having enough money to pay the bills, I can happily share that all my bills are paid on time, I have a small savings balance and come February 2013, all my loans will be paid off. I will be debt free!! 
  • I live in a lovely flat, with nice furniture. It's taken working two jobs and slowly buying new items once I could afford them but I'm there know.
  • Most days my life feels much more peaceful than what it used to. I know longer need to be worrying about any sudden changes.
  • I am a happier person than what I used to be.  
  • I'm free to go where I want and when I want, and I can spend my money however I wish.
  • I'm making new friends and am able to keep those relationships going.
  • My confidence is growing and I am learning to stand up for myself more often.
These are just a few of the changes that have occurred over the past five years and am pretty excited to see what God has in store for me and my life.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments