Saying Yes
Monday, May 21, 2012It doesn't happen often.......or maybe it happens more than I realise. You know those unexpected opportunities that come out of no where, that you had no idea was even an option AND that you need to decide on immediately. That happened to me today. I have been offered a new job in a different department, doing a similar but different thing. I wasn't sure what to do and have been playing things round and round in my head all day. When I got home I decided I had to bring out the big guns........the trusty pros and con's list. And here you have it. The pros clearly outweigh the con's, but.....I'm still not sure. I am one of those people who doesn't like making big decisions quickly. I like to take time to think about it, weigh up the pros and cons, think about it some more, speak to close friends or my mom, and then think about it some more. I don't like to be rushed and I don't feel like I can make a good decision under these circumstances. Unfortunately, life is not that neat and tidy, and in some situations (like this one) you're left with little room for time.
So here I sit, pros and con's in front of me - and I think I have no choice but to take a deep breath, say a quick prayer and shout a great big Yes! A yes to what is going to be a big challenge, a yes to a new change, yes to learning new skills and yes to doors being opened.

0 comments