Month 1 Challenge - Ditch the scale

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

On my journey to lose 130lbs, I thought I might try something a little different. I have my big goal but I want something a little smaller, a little easier to attain and a little quicker to come to an end.  My idea?  Consistently changing monthly challenges.

I have some ideas for a few months but I definitely need more as time goes on. If you have any ideas feel free to leave a comment below.

Over the past few months, the one thing that repeatedly seems to trip me up at one point or another is the scale.  Or more specifically the numbers on the scale.  Sometimes, I find that those numbers end up dictating my day. How I feel about myself and the way my day is going to turn out. At times, those numbers looking back at me are enough to make me throw aside my healthy intentions and jump head first into my old habits.   

It's shameful to admit that I let those numbers have such an impact on my life.  That my self worth, happiness and values are tied up to them.  Especially when I know that I am a daughter of the King.  My head holds a lot of knowledge about the value that I should hold about myself - things like He knew me before I was born, He formed me in my mothers womb, He knows the number of hairs on my head and He Love me regardless of my weight.  Those are some of the things that my head knows......but that my heart seems to battling to accept. 


In view of the impact that the scale has on me - my first monthly challenge will be to ditch the scale for 30 days.  My focus will be off the numbers and on to the healthy habits. 

Here are my plans for this month:

1. NO standing on the scale...no matter how much I think I want to.  Those numbers are not going to impact my day to day life this month.  They are not going to predict my value or my mood.

2. I will not eat any chocolate. This is going to be a tough one, but it must be done. No excuses.

3. I will eat healthy, whole and unprocessed foods. My body deserves the very best. It can only work with what I put into it and therefore I need to give it all that I can. Nuts, fruit and veg, protein...all things that my body needs and wants.

4. I will be mindful of my thoughts. Thoughts are just there. Every minute of every day.  If we allow those negative and bad thoughts to continue making their way around our thinking, that is when we begin to believe them and eventually we start to behave in ways that confirm those thoughts.  I no longer want to live like that.

So this is my challenge for this month.  Would you like to join me?  Please do.   

You Might Also Like

0 comments