BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I tried Quinoa for the first time last weekend at my mom's, it was weird but not too bad. I love trying new things and I knew that it was healthy for me, so while my first taste of it didn't go down as a complete love I knew I had to give it another go.  And then I cam across the recipe below and after trying it, i knew I could make Quinoa a regular part of my menu rotation.

This salad is soooo easy to make and is ideal for both lunch at work or a quick dinner. Plus it makes about four decent size servings so you could have a few meals out of it - perfect for a single gal.  Enjoy!



BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup shredded BBQ chicken
  • BBQ sauce
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • cilantro for garnish
  • avocado for garnish
Instructions
  1. Pre-cook quinoa (the night before, or the day of!).
  2. The recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken. Add chicken thighs, BBQ sauce and water to crock pot and let cook fully.
  3. In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with BBQ sauce, avocado and cilantro.
  5. Serve warm or at room temperature.

You Might Also Like

0 comments