Defining Moment
Thursday, December 30, 2010#reverb10 is a site that has been put together to help people Share their Story. For each day in December, different writers provide you with prompts for you to think about. These prompts are such great thinking tools. While there is one prompt for each day of the month, i wont be doing all of them....i will be picking and choose which ones allow me to share my story and what i have time for.
The Prompt
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)
In August I got to go back to America. I had very mixed feelings about going back and wasn’t sure if it was going to be one of those things that would leave me feeling undone. I was scared that I would come back and dredge up all those feelings of what if’s…..
I couldn’t have been more wrong. I think I had been living the past few years in one of those places where, in the back of your mind, you constantly wonder how things would have been if you had taken a different path. I wondered where I would be in my life plan, how I would be living and who I would have in my life. But this trip didn’t send me into a crazy, depressing spin….instead it was a very eye opening trip for me. It was what you would call a defining moment. I came home realising that where I am is exactly where I was meant to be. I understood that life is just as difficult over there as it is here, that the dreams and ideas that I had in my head were possibly from a very childlike place.
My time that I spent in America will always be special to me, but I now am able to live my life more secure in the choices that I made all those years ago.


0 comments