11 Things

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#reverb10 is a site that has been put together to help people Share their Story. For each day in December, different writers provide you with prompts for you to think about. These prompts are such great thinking tools. While there is one prompt for each day of the month, i wont be doing all of them....i will be picking and choose which ones allow me to share my story and what i have time for.
 
 
The Prompt
 
December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

I thought it would be a good idea to have a little fun with today’s prompt from reverb10.

1. Chocolate – Chocolate in 2010 has been a pretty consistent thing in my life. I ate it to celebrate good things in my life, to comfort me in times of sadness, to keep my hands occupied while watching tv. 2011 is going to be a very different thing when it comes to chocolate…..no longer will it be my best friend, my comfort. It will be a distant cousin who I only see once ever so often….like at birthdays or Christmas.

2. Comfort – I am ashamed to say that 2010 saw me living my life in comfort, in my safe place. When it came to putting myself out there to meet new people or guys, I would chicken out and decide that sticking with what I know is easier and safer than trying something new. I know that my weight had something to do with it, but 2011 will not be a repeat of 2010. 2011 will be the year that I be brave, face my fear and go out there to make new friends and meeting some guys.

3. Boring underwear – Yup, you read that right. Gone are the dreary black and white undies and the granny pants. Say hello to the matching sets with push up bra’s, the frilly, red polka dot shorts and the fantastically cheap wonerbra’s off of ebay!

4. Clutter – I live in a one bedroom flat and clutter is not my friend. Be it clutter from paperwork or coursework, shopping bags or shoes it really gets on my nerves when my flat is a mess.
5. Leaking ceilings and blown ovens – 2010 was my year for household problems. Leaking flat roof’s followed by more rain and water. Then my oven decides to blow. Here’s hoping that 2011 is going to a little more problem free – at least when it comes to things to do with my flat.

6. Moving home – Over the past three years I have moved three times. Moving is stressful at the best of times but for it to become a yearly occurrence is insane. So, 2011 I plan to stay in my place and not move anywhere!

7. Root Canals – I had my first root canal this year and it was not a pleasant experience. I can definitely do without one of them in 2011.

8. A sense of unworthiness - Unworthiness is something that I do not want in my life in 2011. It’s been around for a few years now and I plan to exchange unworthiness for a sense of worth in the year ahead.

9. Spiders – Now I know that this isn’t actually going too happened but hey, a girl can dream cant she?

10. Friends who are takers – You see I have this friend and she is a taker. We have been friends for years and pretty much every time I spend any time with her I end up leaving her feeling drained and exhausted. I know that it is not doing me any good to keep the friendship going with her, but when the number and quality of friends are scarce, you sometimes need to keep those friends closer than you would like. 2011 will be the year that I make better friends and eliminate those friends who are takers.

11. So few pieces of handmade loveliness – I am saddened to say that I have never really bought anything handmade. I love all things handmade but for some reason I have never actually purchased anything. So, I have decided that my 2011 needs to include some handmade loveliness!

You Might Also Like

0 comments