December Inspiration and Goals

Saturday, December 04, 2010





           Seasonal tastes –
Gingerbread lattes and sugar cookies for dessert, cinnamon coffee and Belgian waffles on the weekend, and candy canes when no one’s looking! I love how the smallest corner of those foods that are all about the holidays can launch me into a really beautiful mood.
           Staying Cozy -
As soon as the snow flies, coming home and getting out of the cold feels like winning the lottery! Lately I’ve been going to bed super late and spending my time working on my blog and surfing the net finding new things. I wake up pretty tired each morning but i am definitely in love with my evenings.

           Getting to know myself -
I feel like this year I’ve learned so much about myself, and I want to keep growing and working to find my personal style and my voice. I love when everything about a person works - from how they express themselves to how they dress and the things they do, and I want to focus on finding that core for myself and having everything I do come from that authentic, focused place.




           Colour my hair!
Its been a while since i last coloured my hair. I have bought two different shades and have been toying with the idea about going warmer for this festive, holiday season.  I think its time to take those boxes out of the cupboard and do something funky!  I may even have a look at getting a bit of a cut - perhaps some new bangs....

           Keep working on my weight loss journey -
On October 29th I started my journey towards a slimmer, sexier and much happier body. Since I started this journey i have become so muc happier and feeling better than ever before. I’ve finally found a way of eating that seems to be working for me, and now that I have the first month under my belt I’m rather excited to see how things are going to progress.

           Buy handmade -
I know that every time I purchase a gift from a local retailer or from an artist online I’m supporting someone’s dream and helping it grow, and I imagine that feeling is fantastic. This month I’m planning to make my first handmade purchase - a reward if i reach my goal of losing 25 pounds. I already have an idea of what i would like but want to make sure it reflects who I am.

           Resolve to live moderately through the holiday season -
Its year end at work and i know that we are going to be run ragged!  Between work and my psychology course this month is going to be very busy and probably very stressful! I'm purchasing thoughtful gifts, taking time out to put up the Christmas decorations and ensuring to not be so busy that i miss the enjoyment of the holiday season. This month I’m all about getting enough sleep, enjoying the season where I can, and not stressing myself about work and school.

You Might Also Like

0 comments