Project Life Plan 2015

Sunday, January 04, 2015



2015 sees the start of my first ever Project Life album.  I am so excited to have started this project but I sort of feel like I need to take a step back and document the story of before Project Life, before moving forward.

You see, I used to be a scrapbooker. I think it was back in 2007/2008 that I first started. At the time I was engaged,living with my fiance and had a couple cute kitties. I loved documenting our life. What we got up to. Who we were together. Who I was as an individual. I filled about four 12 x 12 albums. And then I chose to end things.  Fast forward a few years by which point I had gotten my own place and had started to settle into it and into my new life.  My scrapbooking stash came out but I wasn't in a place emotionally to document.  I felt like I didn't have anything to share. That being single meant my life was not interesting, exciting or important enough to share. So I boxed it all up and put it away.

Last year I signed up to One Little Word 2014. It was probably the first time since putting my stash away that I had begun to be creative with my stash again. I absolutely loved it! Getting messy, documenting my life, my thoughts, my goals and dreams. It was exactly what I needed and I realized that being creative was good for my soul.

As I started to do some prep work for 2015, I realized that my thinking about my life not being worthy enough to document had been tainted.  The life that I am living is who I am right now. It is what makes me who I am and that is worthy of documenting. I hope that I will be blessed enough to one day have a family, and how special will it be for my children and even grandchildren to see the person that I was before they came along. This is why I decided that this year would be the year that I start Project Life.  I have something to say and I want to share it.      

So this is my plan for how I hope to approach Project Life this year.

Album size and page protectors: I plan do to a 12 x 12 album using predominantly Project Life Design A page protectors.  While most pages will be this size and design, I do know that I like to mix things up so am fully expecting to have some random size pages and designs in my album.  Case in point, my 2015 title page is an 8.5 x 11.

Filler cards: I knew that I would not want to stick to only one core kit. I would get bored of it very quickly and then the money I had spent would be left sitting in my craft room.  So I have purchased a few taster kits, made a few of my own 3 x 4 cards (which you can see below) and signed up to Studio Calico's monthly Project Life kits.  I will see how this goes and make adjustments as needed.


Photographs: I plan to print my own photos at home using my Canon printer.  While a few will be in sizes 6x4 and 3x4, I will also probably do a lot of 2x2's and 3x3's. This will be me space on the cards for embellishments and journaling.  Most of my photo's will also be taken using my Iphone. It's just easier to grab and goes everywhere with me. When I have some special events I will grab my Lumix camera and use that instead.

Frequency: As I said earlier in the this post I am currently single. I have therefore decided to do project life monthly rather than weekly. This will mean at least one two-page layout each month although I am fully expecting it to be more like two or three two-page layouts.  Again, as this is my first time, I will have to see how it goes and adjust from there.

Sharing my layouts: As I am using a monthly approach, it makes sense to share my layouts in a monthly post on my blog.  I am sure though that I will be sharing as a I go along on my Instagram account (username = georgiamudfudge) so feel free to follow me and say hi over there.

And there it is. I am sooooo excited about taking on this project and documenting my life.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi!
    I started PL last year, I was considering not continuing this year wondering if, like you said, i was worthy of documenting - my hubby and I are really quite boring. You hit the nail on the head - I think having something to look back on is so important. I ordered my first SC subscription (they enticed me with a voucher!) to make my layouts (hopefully) easier to design to equal a more efficient process!

    Look forward to seeing your designs, your going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am so pleased to hear that you decided to continue with it - we each have a story worth telling :-) I will be popping over to your blog to see your pages. have a great day x

      Delete