{ Encouragement When You’re Waiting }
Thursday, March 20, 2014
My laptop has been giving me trouble for a few weeks now which has meant that I have spent a lot less time checking my emails, catching up on Facebook and checking out my favourite blogs. While less Internet time has meant more time for thinking and journaling ( and many other lovely things ), I found my heart feeling a little heavy about two dreams of mine that have yet come into being.
Now I fully believe that God is in control of my life and that He wouldn't have given me my hearts desires if He didn't plan to fulfil them.....but life can be hard and I find my human nature easily forgets what my spirit knows. It's been seven years and I find myself still waiting, no closer today than what I was this time seven years ago. And yet I keep holding on. I keep waking up each morning hoping, trusting that today is the day.
A few days ago I was catching up on some emails and I came across an email that Holley Gerth had sent out. It was as if we were sitting in a Cafe, sipping on coffee and she was speaking directly to me. I knew immediately that I wanted to capture this on my blog, that I wanted to have it somewhere that I could come back to when I temporarily lose hope; I wanted it to be out there if anyone else should need to hear the same precious message.
Holley Gerth has a blog called Heart to Heart so make sure you stop on by. The below piece of encouragement comes from her ebook called If we could have Coffee which you can find here.
Dear You,
You glance at the clock on the wall, the watch on your wrist, the time ticking away in your heart. It’s so hard to wait. You might begin to wonder if perhaps you’ve done something wrong, if what you thought you heard from God isn’t real, if maybe the promise or desire of your heart will go unfilled.
But while you’re waiting, God is working. Even before you spoke your first prayer, he had already begun. While you are going through each day and sleeping through the night, he is turning his purposes into reality.
It’s hard to not see what God is doing or know when the time will come. Yet that’s what faith means—to believe without sight. To wait, trust, and keep watching. You’ve been doing that on this journey, and God notices. He understands that it’s difficult sometimes. He doesn’t condemn you for wanting it now. Instead he offers all you need to press on to then.
A delay doesn’t mean you’ve taken a detour. It doesn’t mean a closed door. It simply can mean that our ways are not like God’s. The eternal One isn’t limited by time in the way we are here. He has heard you. He still hears you. And he is listening with love.
You have not been overlooked, forgotten, or set aside for something more important. No, my friend, every detail of your circumstance is in his care. You’re never out of his thoughts, never out of his plans. Not for one day. Not for one moment. Not even for a second.
Even as you read this now, he’s working on your behalf. And nothing, not even the hands of time, can hold you back from all he has for your future.
XOXO


0 comments