{ One Little Word Review ~ February }

Monday, March 03, 2014

February has been a unexpectedly difficult month and has found me struggling to hold onto my one little word and at times even my positive outlook on life.  I won’t bore you with all the details, that is perhaps for another time, but it has definitely been an uphill challenge.  My original plan for my One Little Word updates was to do individual, intention specific posts and while I will hopefully be able to pick this up from this month, February I am going to do a catch all post as my laptop broken down for most of February. 
Here were my intentions for February and how I have done against each of them:
  • Intention to feel more financially secure – Create a very low level budget and set up an ongoing process to follow it each month.

My budget has been created and simply now needs to be maintained and tweaked as necessary.  I think that this is going to be an ongoing intention and I will probably only see how successful it is after a few months of using it.
  • Intention to connect more to God – Complete the spiritual assessment and create an action in one area to work on.

Unfortunately I didn’t complete my spiritual assessment and therefore wasn’t able to create actions to work on based on that assessment.  This is something that I still would like to do, however I think that this will go on the back shelf for now.
  • Intention to get God’s word into my heart – memorize February's Word Warrior verse.

I would love to say that I memorized this months verse but that would be a lie. I started the month off with the best intentions, however this is one thing that fell by the way side with everything else that took place.  I have also decided to branch out a little with my memory verses and if the Word Warrior ones don't feel right for me and my life then I am going to find another one which does...which is actually the case for March, which I will share with you later this month.

  • Intention to improve my physical fitness – Go to the gym 8 times in February.

I didn't quite make the 8 sessions this month, however I did complete 7 sessions and considering I had been sick for a week I think the 7 sessions are great. I am loving the aqua aerobics and boxing classes but have not been that enticed with the aerobic combat class.  I don’t feel any stronger yet, but I am proud of myself for going along and pushing myself in those classes.
  • Intention to change my body and my health – Focus on what I am eating to help me lose 6.5lbs

My weight loss intention was not as successful as the gym sessions unfortunately.  I had hoped to lose the 6.5 lbs however I only managed 2.5 lbs.  While I didn't achieve the loss I wanted, I still find myself lighter at the end of this month than what I was last month.  I can report thought that despite the small weight loss, my overall eating this month has been pretty good. I'm eating more whole foods and less processed junk, drinking more water and getting the rest that I need.  
  • Intention to create and learn – Complete my One Little Word project for February and my first assignment.


I really enjoyed the prompts for February and loved the reflection cards I created for the year ahead. One thing that I learnt this month was that I need to do the reflections at the very beginning of the month, rather than a few weeks into the next month.  The second part to the months prompts were to create activity cards and come up with 12 actions for the year. I only got to decide on 4 actions so will need to spend a bit more time to come up with the rest.
As far as the first assignment went for February, I am pleased to share that I feel that it went well. I wrote it three times but the end product felt right. Now its just waiting to see what my tutor thinks!
  • Intention to live a life of gratitude - Complete my gratitude journal for February.
I absolutely love my gratitude journal. Its something that I think I will be continuing with for years to come.  Here are a few pictures of my journal during February.



  • Intention to comfort my soul – Spend some time considering and writing two journal prompts.
      My soul has needed a lot of comforting this month and on the one hand I feel like I haven't done sch a great job in comforting it, but then on the other hand I feel like I have taken small steps to do just that. One of the things that I have started doing is keeping the Sabbath and this simple decision has really changed my life. I love Sundays and so look forward to them. My Sabbath helps me to get through the weeks.  
Hopefully this new month will be less challenging than last month enabling me to make more progress in what I want to achieve. 
Here are my intentions for March:


  • Intention to complete home projects – Have a look for inspiration and ideas for my garden. Decide on the desired end result.
  • Intention to connect more to God – Do a daily devotional.
  • Intention to get God’s word into my heart – memorize a new bible verse.
  • Intention to improve my physical fitness – Sign up to a race.
  • Intention to change my body and my health – Focus on clean eating throughout the month and take part in Lent.
  • Intention to create and learn – Complete my One Little Word project for March and my second TMA.
  • Intention to comfort my soul – Create a personal mission statement following journal prompts.
  • Intention to live a life of gratitude - Complete my gratitude journal for March. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments