{ Who Moved My Cheese }

Sunday, March 24, 2013



Last week I spoke about the new adventure that I am starting soon.  And as the days are counting down, my current manager has suggested that I read this little book called "Who moved my cheese". While he was talking, all I could think was what a weird name that is for a book, but after settling in for the evening, I jumped onto Amazon and Ebay and bought myself a copy of this little book.

The book only has 94 pages and took me just a couple of hours to read through. It was an easy read, but it really does leave you with a lot to think about.  I don't want to give too much away, but it essentially speaks about ways in which people approach change. Its funny as while I can relate to one character more than the others, there have been times in my life when I have been each one of them.

These are the important points I've picked up from my read:

Change happens | They keep moving the cheese
Anticipate change | Get ready for the cheese to move
Monitor change | Smell the cheese often so you know when it is starting to get old
Adapt to change quickly | The quicker you let go of the old cheese, the sooner you can enjoy the new cheese
Change | Move with the cheese
Enjoy change! | Savior the adventure and enjoy the taste of new cheese!
Be ready to change quickly and enjoy it again and again | They keep moving the cheese

The thing that I really enjoyed about this book is that the concept is applicable for both your professional and personal life.  Some of the points really got me thinking:
  • When feeling discouraged, its important to remind yourself that while what you are doing may be uncomfortable at the moment, that discomfort is much better than the current reality.
  • Take control instead of letting things happen.
  • Change happens to all of us
  • What would you do if you weren't afraid?
  • Change is happening everywhere and I would do better to adapt to it quickly
  • Learn to laugh at yourself!
  • Along the journey to your new cheese, imagine yourself enjoying it in vivid details so it becomes real to you.
  • Sometimes we need to get rid of the bad behaviors rather than what we think is the bad cheese.   
Have you read the book?  What are you thoughts on it?



You Might Also Like

0 comments