{ New Adventures }

Sunday, March 17, 2013


It was time to move on, to find something new. The situation at work was no longer good for me. I was finding my stress levels the highest they have ever been. I was having episodes where I was battling to breath and my chest felt like it was closing in around me.  I did some research and I think I was suffering from panic attacks. I couldn't sleep and felt like I was going through the day in a fog.  I found tears streaming down my cheeks at the slightest word while snapping at the smallest of annoyances. I wasn't me, I felt like I was drowning.

By the end of January I couldn't keep going, I was at the very end of my rope. So, I made the only decision that I felt I could - I needed a new job.  It didn't matter what, I just needed something new. So I applied for three internal jobs and waited patiently for the closing dates to pass, waiting to hear if I had been successful.  The first closing date passed, and I was invited to attend an interview.

This job sounded great but way out of my league. I didn't have all the necessary experience and its essentially a promotion compared to my current role. So when the interview came around, I wasn't nervous and I hadn't spent much time preparing.  Being completely honest, I saw it more as an opportunity to practise my interview skills for one of the other jobs I was hoping to get an interview for.  I came out of there thinking that it had gone alright, that I wouldn't get this job but the practise was good for me.  I didn't feel too disappointed, if it was meant to be it would happen.

Four days later my phone rang. The job was all mine if I wanted it. Apparently my interview had gone exceptionally well and I had outshone eight other candidates.  They picked me.  I couldn't believe it. Not only was I successful for a new job, but with that new job came promotion, more freedom with my time and a pay rise.  This new role opens the doors of opportunity so wide.  I couldn't believe it.

So I thanked God. I thanked Him for his faithfulness, for answering my prayers, for directing my path and for  giving me this opportunity.............and then I said yes please!

I have eight working days left in my current role followed by  ten days of R & R and then my new adventure begins.  This new adventure, as exciting as it may be, is also terrifying me.....and right now I am having to remind myself daily that I need to choose faith over fear.

You Might Also Like

0 comments