{ Best Books of 2012 }

Thursday, December 27, 2012




I have always loved reading, ever since I was a little girl.  I remember getting certificate after certificate at school for the number of books that I had read during the year.  I loved writing book reports on them and then getting up in front of the class and sharing that report with the rest of the class - a little geek at heart.

My love for books has followed me through to my adult life.  I try to read every night before I turn the light out.  When I fancy a relaxing morning, I curl up in bed with a cup of tea and a good book.  I thought that this year, I would document my favorite books from 2012 and share what I have learnt or what I enjoyed about those books.

1. A Confident Heart by Renee Swope.


This book is a great book, and I would 100% recommend it.  Renee did a book study that started in January and I followed along with that. One chapter a week. It was a good pace to not only read the book and take it in, but it gave me the opportunity to take the time to reflect on myself and answer the questions.  I learnt a lot from the book and will be reading it again. 

2. Unlimited by Jillian Michaels.


I love how Jillian writes, it's as if your sitting chatting over a cup of tea.  To be honest  by the time I finished the book, I had wished that I had made notes or underlined or something.....there is just so much good content in this book that it's impossible to take it all in with one read. So I guess what I am saying is that at some point, I plan to re-read this book.

3. The fault in our stars by John Green.


I heard great things about this book before reading it. In August I went on a singles holiday to Wales and decided it was the perfect opportunity to immerse myself in a story.  I couldn't put the book down. The story was beautiful and so sad.  Be prepared to cry ..... and laugh!  I picked  up my copy from the library so if you would rather save your pennies then check out your local library. Enjoy this book - it has a great and unforeseen twist in it.   

4. Pearl in the sand by Tessa Afshar. 


I don't really know where to start with this book.  I couldn't put it down. I read it in six days. I feel like I need to read this book again and again.  The story is beautiful, the writing is descriptive and the message is soul changing.  This book portrays God in all his amazing awesomeness and magnificence.  The God of the Israelites is the God of today - and that is so awesome.  I don't want to give too much away for those of you who haven't read the book, but this book also spoke to me about my own worth and value. Such a lovely book! 

5. Submerged by Dani Pettrey.


This is the first book that I read on my new Kindle and can I just say I LOVE my Kindle.  Submerged was another fantastic Christian book. The characters are great and before you even know it you find yourself rooting for them. Another page turning story line - one filled with love and suspense and excitement.

So, do you have any great book reviews to share? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments