My weekend review

Sunday, August 21, 2011

This weekend has been a very productive one.  Friday evening i picked up my new pillow, met my parents and brother at MacDonald's for a celebratory dinner for my Mom ( her choice - i tried to convince her to go somewhere else) and then went on to do my grocery shopping.  By 8pm i was home with the groceries unpacked and that's when the bizarreness began....I started to clean.  And not just a few things around the house - i mean the entire kitchen, the fridge inside and out and all the cupboards. I washed down the counters, the oven and even the floors.  By 11:15 i was exhausted and ready for bed. 
Saturday morning began with a Berry Oat Smoothie.  Yum!  Amazingly, the cleaning bug was still around and i followed on the kitchen cleaning with the bathroom and the bedroom!  Until I uploaded this video, i didn't realise just how many books i have sitting on my nightstand.  I guess there is no denying just how much i love to read! 
With all the time that i am spending working and studying, I am finding that all the unfinished tasks that i have lying around my place have really been adding to my stress levels.  I guess it just seemed like a good idea to get all those little things finished and out the way.  Once that was all done i was free to make a start on my seen question for my psych exam. 
That involved reading the relevant chapter in the textbook, listening to the audio clip, finding the relevant papers on the net.  Sunday saw me writing up all the notes for this chapter. In order to create my draft for the exam, i need to see everything in front of me. It looks pretty cool and at the moment i would say that 80% of it is still sitting inside my head - not bad!

Making sure that i try to get some me time in my life to balance everything out, i decided to spend a few hours this weekend watching a movie at home, reading a magazine or two, blog redecorating and posting, baking some bran muffins and listening to a REALLY REALLY good podcast by Joyce Meyer on Simplifying your life.
And to top it off, i cooked myself a delicious Sunday meal. I haven't cooked properly, as in protein, carbs and veg for a few weeks now and i realised how much i missed it.  I am also pleased to say that i spent most of the time with the television off and the radio on.  Having music on in the background is probably what helped me to get so many of those nagging jobs completed.
Well, its 7:30 on Sunday evening and i have a few hours left of the weekend. I plan to take a shower, wash the dishes, spend some time with my Heavenly Father, watch the new episode of Royal Pains and end my evening with a few pages of my latest book.

I hope your weekend was as productive and nice as mine was.

You Might Also Like

0 comments