Tending To 2017 | February Review
Tuesday, February 28, 2017February has been a busier than expected month and while I wasn't able to cross off all of my goals on my tending list I am pleased with the progress. Like I did in January's review I am going to share my progress against the yearly goals that I set.
Here is a recap of my yearly goals and what progress I have made against them this month:
01| Waste less time in front of the TV and spend that time doing something that fires me up
This continues to be one of my most favorite goals that I set for myself and while I have removed it from my Spring goals, I plan to continue using my evenings to make progress and refresh my body and soul. This month I have used my evenings to work on my project life album, read I don't want to wait anymore and I joined a netball team who train every Wednesday evening.
02 | Impact my wider community by raising £4053 for A21 to use to help set someone free from human trafficking while continuing with my local volunteering
I continue to volunteer as a counselor but haven't made any progress on raising money for A21. I am going to make some serious progress on this one in March.
03 | Learn and explore what it means for me to truly live a life that is whole
This month I focused on learning to listen to my body. Every day I took the time to ask myself what my body needed and then I did that. It has been an amazing experience and I plan to share more of it in a separate post next month.
04 | Dive deeper into my relationship with God and remember that is is about relationship and not about performing, tasks or legalism
I have continued with my daily devotional and prayer but didn't make a whole load of progress with the bible study. I have some good plans in place for this next month and am looking forward to seeing how this grows.
05 | Figure out what it means to care for myself mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually and how to do it more often.
I have touched on this one above already but it is worth adding that this is going to have to be an ongoing focus for me. This took me being intentional every single day but it was worth the effort I had to put in.
06 | Nourish my body well more consistently and focus on building strength and flexibility in my body
I am glad to say that I have been pretty consistent with exercise this month. Its only been two or three sessions each week but they have been consistent. Food on the other hand.....the first two weeks were totally on point but the last two weeks not so much.
07| Share meaningful content and impact others by purposefully using my blog and any platform God gives me
I have managed to share about one post a week but it hasn't been the meaningful content that I had planned.
08 | Research and create a plan for my long term/retirement needs
This month I have continue to set a budget and track my weekly spending against that budget. I have also found an online tool to help me begin assessing my needs and requirements for my financial future.
09 | Cultivate richer relationships while taking the time to make new ones
The plan was to meet up with two separate group of friends this month but the second get together got cancelled at the last minute. I have however begun making some new friends at my new netball group and I am looking forward to continue working on those.
10 | Preparing myself to be a wife and mother while trusting and waiting on God's timing for this area of my life
This goal has changed slightly for me this month and while the core of this goal hasn't changed, my perspective on it has.
As part of the spring refresh section in the powersheets, I have changed my yearly goals to quarterly goals. This means that I will share my refreshed goals in my next post.


0 comments