What's Saving Your Life

Friday, February 03, 2017



Yesterday was the halfway point for winter so I thought it would be fun to take part in Anne's invite to share what things - big or small - are currently saving my life in this long, cold wintery season.

Home cooking | This one depends on how tired I am feeling but I tend to enjoy cooking in the winter months. The heat from the cooking, the warm spices, that lovely feeling when you sit down to eat. I love all of that.

Reading in bed | With one of my goals this year being to watch less TV at night, I have started enjoying climbing into bed with a good book an hour or two before lights out.  So far I have read two and bit books and I am looking forward to starting a new kindle book I purchased today.

Fresh flowers | Fresh flowers make everything feel nicer. It doesn't matter if it is a cheap £5 bunch or the more expensive £15 bunch.  My gran always had fresh flowers in her house and they remind me of her.



Costa visits | When my mom and I are looking for something nice to do on a Saturday we tend to head to Costa for a medium half shot latte. Last week we decided to share a slice of walnut and coffee cake and it was delicious.

Weekend walks in the park | With my work schedule I don't get much time to workout during the week. Because of that I try to get out for a long walk every weekend, weather permitting. The fresh air and gorgeous scenery does wonders for my body, soul and spirit.

Project Life | I love this project so very much. Spending time every few days working on my album makes me feel oh so happy.



Trying new hair tutorials | All of a sudden my hair seems to have had a growth spurt and I am loving the length that it is at the moment. Part of what I am enjoying about my long hair are all the Game of Throne inspired hair tutorials I am able to practice and wear.

My new steam cleaner | I am not a huge fan of house chores but I find that steaming my floors leaves my house smelling and feeling oh so fresh. This definitely helps brighten my house and my day.

My diffuser | A winter staple for me are my candles in the lounge and my diffuser up in my bedroom.  Both of them make me feel relaxed, cozy and happy.


Face masks | Fridays are my pampering session time...even more so in winter.  I have three that I rotate through, a detox mask you can see above, an all natural moisturizing one from Australia and a gorgeous polish and cleansing mask.

What things are saving your life?

You Might Also Like

0 comments