Move More Eat Well - January

Sunday, January 08, 2012


Welcome to month 1 of Move More Eat Less.  
As part of my One Little Word for 2012, I made a decision to really make some changes in my life. By signing up to the MMEW 2012 class, I have made a commitment to this task but let's keep things honest here - I am terrified that i wont be able to keep this commitment. That life will get in the way and that i will give up.  I am going to do my best not to, but i would be lying if i said it wasn't running through my mind.  
The class started with some pre-class work.  The idea for this class is to help you document the journey, but not spend all month on that process....thus leaving you time for the important parts of this class, the doing!  So, here are my two pre-class layouts.


My statement of intention for the year ahead as well as 5 things that i am good at.  A great way to focus my attention.

And then last week January's assignments came through.  These were tough, especially the taking a picture of yourself in your workout gear.  I want to be honest through this process and because of that, i took these photos in tight work out gear - leaving no room for hiding from the truth.  Now there is no way that i go to the gym like this or out in public, but for this task I have had to keep it real.



January's assignment is all about picking one thing and committing to it and then writing your story about your weight issues.  That part was much more difficult than i thought it would be, my eyes have been opened to a few things. 

I have now documented how i got to this point and the exact reality of where this point it.  I have a long journey ahead of me but with God's strength I can overcome this.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome idea with the MMEW and I like assignment ideas! I tried to do it in my own head and .... came up with a 'few' issues I have and I know I have to do something about them! That is part of my word for 2012 too... i need to get my head into a healthier space!
    I love the scrapbook pages you have done with the MMEW, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete