Today I am not fine!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Today I am not fine!
I am one of those people, like many I would guess, who lives most of her life behind the mask of “I am fine”. Most times it doesn’t matter if I am feeling a little under the weather, grumpy or even down right blue – I always answer the dreaded “How are you?”question with an “I’m fine thank you” answer. My mouth may be saying one thing, but my emotions and heart are yelling something completely different.
Today I got into work and I just couldn’t force myself to give the routine response to the questions. Today I am not fine and it takes too much energy to fake a response. Today I am feeling low, lower than I have felt in a very long time. Nothing feels fine, nothing is OK.

You Might Also Like

0 comments