Finding the time to do what you enjoy.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last year was such a busy year for me, a year that seemed to have very little time for scrapbooking or creating.  If i had taken some time to stop and think, to weigh up how i was feeling and how much enjoyment i was having, I would have noticed that i was really missing the art of creating.  That special time that you put aside to do something new, to think of new ideas, to try new techniques or just to get messy with a little paint and glue.  To be honest, i don't think it would have even mattered if I had only spent 10 minutes a week doing something creative, i would have had a little more enjoyment in my day to day life.


When 2012 rolled around, I decided that my lack of creating needed to change this year. I needed to not only make the time but also treasure it to use my talents and enjoy myself.  I didn't want this to be something that i start early on in the year and then lose sight of as things get busy once again, so i signed up to Scrapbook Journal Life which means a 12 month commitment to documenting, creating and doing what i enjoy.

The past three weeks have been so much fun!  I have really enjoyed taking the time to put together my 2012 binder.  I haven't yet created the cover or the spine part, but i have been working on the pages inside. I have come to the conclusion that when i know what i want on my cover, it will just all come together. 

January's theme is Honesty and i have been keeping that in mind along with all the prompts that we have had each week. Here are my pages that i have created so far - enjoy!
    

You Might Also Like

0 comments