A year of gratitude

Monday, November 28, 2011


I found the doodle above on a blog that i have been visiting for a few months now. I love all her doodles and when i saw this one i knew that it was perfect for today's post.  These past few weeks, i have really begun to realise just how important an attitude of gratitude is keeping a balanced and happy life. 

A few years ago i was going through a lot of stuff and i came across an article that spoke about having a Motto for life and how your motto can help you in your day to day.  I remember lying on the couch, tears streaming down my face, watching an episode of Judging Amy and her mom ( in the show ) was telling one of the other characters in the show about the one thing that she could rely on; the fact that no matter what happens in the world, the seasons always change.  That concept stuck with me and my life motto became "Seasons always change".  It was a reminder to myself, that no matter what i was facing, it would not be something that i would have to face forever.  Just like a harsh winter season gives way to the life giving season for spring, so do terrible, horrible situations eventually give way to happier days and smiles on faces.

Last night, as i was getting ready for bed, i had an idea.  I thought it wold be cool to take the next 365 days and keep a daily gratitude journal. Just one thing a day to be grateful for.  At the end of the 365 days i should have a fantastic compilation of gratefulness. 

If you want to follow along with my journey or perhaps create your own then go ahead - it should be fun!

This is mine - A Year of Gratitude

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I visited the blog and OH MY goodness! She is an amazing artist! I am thinking of doing a gratitude journal too but I am thinking more of a hard copy one-- that is easier for me to do on a daily basis BUT one on line can be more 'interactive' with links and web pics if needed... sigh what one to do what one to do! lol
    I will be adding your new blog to my list too so I can follow it!

    ReplyDelete