Freedom comes from truth
Saturday, November 26, 2011I am sitting here in bed catching up on some blog time after what has been a very long week. Listening to an amaizing song that is really talking to my spirit. While catching up on some of my favourite blogs I came across Jens post
"You are unhealthy. Do something about it. It is as easy as it sounds. And as hard as it sounds. I know. I KNOW this. I did it. And I continue to fight for what I’ve worked to accomplish.
You think this is so easy? You think your “hard” is any different than my “hard?” Get over yourself. Suck it up and do something about it. Stop waiting to hit rock bottom. THIS IS YOUR ROCK BOTTOM. This is your life and you are letting it pass by you. The decisions YOU make result in your life. Changing your life means changing your life. It is as easy as it sounds. And as hard as it sounds. I know. I KNOW this. I did it.
Don’t whine and complain that you had some flippin’ excuse because guess what? I’ve had my fair share of excuses. In two years, my mom died without me getting to say goodbye, my dad started dating 6 weeks later, I switched jobs TWICE, our house was destroyed by a tornado and now I’m planning a wedding without my mom and might have to walk myself down the isle because I don’t know if I can go to my dad’s wedding when he marries his most recent fiance 6 weeks before my wedding, a fiance who is 25 years old, doesn’t work, likes the company of older men and enjoys nice dinners and traveling. You think your “hard” is any different than my “hard?”
Get over yourself. You are unhealthy. Do something about it. Or don’t do anything about it. Continue to live life as you have and get what you’ve always gotten. But don’t you dare complain. Don’t you dare waste your breath crying about something you are CHOOSING to do. Don’t you dare come to me and whine when you don’t want to fight through the hard.You are making your own choices so stop weeping when you don’t like the results.
Smile because you made the choice. Live your life. Stand up and be proud of your decisions. Live your choices and be proud. This is your life. Love it or change it."
Wow!! John 8:32 speaks about knowing the truth and that truth setting you free. And while I am sure Jen had her own reasons for writing this post - it sure has had an impact on me and the way that i have been thinking and feeling. Sometimes you just need those occassions of raw truth to make you realise that things need to change.
So here I am, making changes and being proud of them. I may not make the best decisions every single day but more and more good decisions are outweight the bad ones.

0 comments