LOVE London
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
This weekend i went on an adventure down to London. I managed to get a really good deal on cheap train tickets as well as on a hotel room. Really, really good prices.
Saturday morning was an early start for me. Up at 5am and on the train by 6:30am. I haven't been on a normal train for years and i was pretty impressed with it. Once i got to St Pancreas station, i bought myself a day pass on the tube and found myself totally getting my monies worth!!
I made my way to M & M's World - totally awesome!
I walked past several statues. London has the best statues - they are so unique and interesting.
And another thing that i totally love is the talented people performing in the underground. Because of the tunnels you can hear the music from miles away....such beautiful music and such great voices. It really just added a touch of magic to my trip.
And then there was the winter wonderland ice-rink.
My weekend gave me the opportunity to not only do some site seeing but to also take some time out of my normally busy life and take that time to enjoy a Starbucks while considering a few things in my life. I spent about four hours in total there, all of which i spent writing in my journal and considering some very difficult questions.
While i was writing in my journal, enjoying my peppermint hot chocolate and doing some people watching, i noticed that this particular Starbucks has a resident pigeon. At first it was a little off putting - but then i got used to seeing it walking along the floor. Not one little bit afraid of people.
I met up with friends who i grew up with and had a lovely lunch, catching up on the journey our lives had taken since we were teenagers.
Sunday i went to Hillsongs London Church and really enjoyed it. I stopped off at South Kensington Station and visited the Natural Science Museum.
We made our way down Oxford street and took in the Christmas lights and delicious foods.
All in all a really good weekend. I haven't done something like this in such a long time and this weekend reminded me that i need to do more of this on a regular basis.

0 comments