101 Goals in 1001 Days

Monday, June 06, 2011

While surfing the Internet this weekend, I came across this site called Day Zero Project.  This is a unique challenge that inspires you to set and achieve your personal goals in life. 

The Challenge:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:

Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?

Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

So I have spent much of the weekend creating my list and for a full peek at them all click here.  But i did think that i would share some of my most favourite ones here.....

Start Date: 3 June 2001
Finish date: 28 Feb 2014

Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years
Leave an inspirational note for someone to find
Fall in love
Go to the Joyce Meyers Women's Conference
Participate in the Race for Life event
Get my Psychology Degree
Bake Cupcakes
Learn to service my car
Have a new first kiss


  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome Lynne! I might try this as soon as I have a bit more time to check it all out! I like your goals!!

    ReplyDelete