Out with the old and in with the new
Sunday, June 05, 2011It's about 6pm, Sunday evening, and i have a few hours left of the weekend. The week ahead looks to be potentially a difficult one - some decisions need to be made by others which directly affect me and I am not sure if the decision that they make is going to leave me feeling very happy. Trusting God when things are going well is easy, but when you are actually trusting for something, that's when the strength of your faith is revealed. Lord, please help me to trust in you and the plan that you have for my life.
OK, back to the weekend.......a little while ago i sat down and transferred everything over from my current handbag and purse to my new ones. I have been meaning to do it most of last week, but things got busy and i never managed to get around to it. Its now done and i love both of them. I bought the purse from Next with my birthday vouchers from last September, and i picked the bag up from Sainsbury's - in the 25% off sale. That's right, £6 for this gorgeous things.
I also decided to take the weekend off from all things OU related. No assignment work, no study prep and no weekend structure. While i cant say "hand on heart" that i haven't had a thought or two about it, i honestly haven't done anything about it. Instead, i have stayed up late and watched movies, I have laid in and caught up on my sleep. I went shopping and bumped into someone unexpected. I went for a braai with my parents and spoke to my favourite aunt. I realised that i need to do that ( keep in touch with my aunt ) more often. I created a weekly food menu, went grocery shopping and cooked a gorgeous roast chicken. I topped it off with mixed berries and cream and spent the rest of my time catching up on emails and surfing the net.
I would be lying if i said that i wasn't just a little bit sad that tomorrow is a normal work day and not another public holiday, but as Jim Carrey says, "that's the way the cookie crumbles!".

0 comments