Someone's been shopping!
Sunday, May 29, 2011My first week as a team manager has been many things. It has been exhausting but exciting. I have been on the go constantly.......to the point where i have gotten home and realised that i have only had 1 cup of tea all day and only been to the ladies once. I have had to deal with a particular guy who went for the job and didn't get it and who is now in my team........trying to get someone to not undermine you is exhausting on it's own. I have had to deal with disgruntled staff and a lot of extra work that wasn't done before i started and needed to be.
I have learned that having an "inner circle" of people who you can trust is so important. My inner circle is not yet as big as i would like but i have made a good start on it. I have learned to stand my ground while being professional and polite. I have learnt that by helping people get to where they want to be, they in turn will help you.
After some overtime on Saturday morning, i decided that a treat was in order. I am trying to stay away from using food as a treat, so i decided to use some of my vouchers instead of the credit card.....see, not just a pretty face....hehe! After two hours of shopping, i came home with several gorgeous items, some on here for you to view, others to be shared over the next few weeks.
While out shopping for a new pair of sunglasses, i found myself in a dilemma. Two pairs, both very different, but both liked in equal proportions.
So tell me..........which one should i keep and which one should i return?


0 comments