One Little Word | February
Wednesday, March 04, 2015My word Open has really been challenging me this past month. Challenging me in ways that I hadn't expected, in ways that I hadn't even saw coming. Some of those challenges I fell face first over while others I stood firm and made it through. Despite the ones that were overly messy, the ones that made me question things about myself, the ones that made me question the direction of my life, the ones that made me underestimate my ability to achieve what I want, they all turned out to have a purpose.
A purpose in answering some of those questions, a purpose in giving me the opportunity to figure out what was working and not working for me this month. I've learnt some things along the way this month and for that I am grateful.
The task for February was to create a vision board in order to make my word visible. Last year I decided to do this prompt digitally and while it was fun I knew that I didn't want to follow the same path this year. I also knew that I wanted to hang it in my craft room and therefore I wanted to be happy seeing it every single day. At first I had planned to pick out some brightly colored patterns and images but as I was going through my pile of magazines I realized that what I actually wanted was the words. Words that speak to my soul. Words that speak to my dreams. Words that speak to my intentions. Words that speak to my heart.
In the end this is what my finished vision board looks like. I honestly love the look of it. The pop of color thanks to the washi tape. The mish-mash of words that speak so much on their own but at the same time pull each other together. My word Open that stands off the canvas.
This is now hanging in my office and I love that every time I enter that room its the first thing I see. A reminder of how I want to live my life this year.



0 comments