Everyday Life | Happy Mothers Day Mama Bear
Monday, March 16, 2015
This year we celebrated Mothers Day on Saturday evening rather than Sunday with everyone coming round to my house for food and celebrations. I had hoped to have my garden re-landscaping finished by Saturday, although that is a post for another day, and for the weather to be nice enough to enjoy a braai but that didn't happen either. Instead, with the drop in the temperature outside and my original plans a no-go, we stayed indoors and enjoyed a lamb stew and an evening of stories and laughter.
It's so easy to take spending time with family for granted. I think that at some point or another we are all guilty of it but these past two weeks we have had some family things come up which have given us a sharp reminder that time is short and putting aside our differences in order to come together is more important than I can put in words.
We enjoyed dinner and strawberries and cream for pudding. We laughed at Smidge who totally made the most of all the love and affection he was getting from everyone. We shared cards and gifts with Mom and enjoyed watching her open them and take them all in.
In addition to mom's granny style pyjamas that she picked out and loves, I wanted to give her something that she wasn't expecting and that she could put up in her new house that would encourage and gentle nudge her in her own personal life journey. So I made her this below which she loved!
We had such a lovely time together and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful woman for a mama bear.




0 comments