{ What To Do With Left Over Wax }

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I have fallen completely and totally in love with candles since moving into my own house in August.  I have candles in the lounge, the hallway, the kitchen, both bedrooms and the bathroom – I am addicted!  My only  problem with this new love that I have is that I find myself with a lot of left over wax which I end up doing nothing with other than throwing it away.  I have been meaning to have a look on the internet and find some ideas as to what to do with the left over wax but before I had a chance to do this an idea hit me. 

This is what I did: 
Step 1: Light your existing candle and allow the surrounding wax to completely melt.  While your candle is melting, gather a small glass container and a birthday candle.

Step 2 : Measure your birthday candle against your small glass jar and trim it down to fit if necessary.


Step 3 : Being careful not to burn your hands, pour the liquid wax from the old candle jar to the new smaller glass container.  Once you have poured it in place your birthday candle in the glass container and hold it there for 30 – 60 seconds. ( you will find that the wax at the bottom of the glass container starts to harden first as it is poured into the cold glass container.


Step 4 : Allow the wax to harden and then you have a new candle.


This was such a quick and easy project and while it’s by no means revolutionary, it has saved me some money and allowed me to get the most out of my candle.

You Might Also Like

0 comments