{ The Path Towards Intention ~ Eating Well To Change My Body And Health For The Better }

Monday, January 20, 2014

 As some of you may know my One Little Word for 2014 is Intention. If you missed my initial post about it you can catch up here. One of my intentions for this year is to exercise 3 times a week and eat well to change my body and health for the better.

I want to keep myself accountable to this one in particular as its one of my bigger intentions and one that I really seem to struggle with.  So, how am I doing so far with this?

Exercise wise I haven't been able to keep to the 3 workout sessions per week, however what I have done is found myself a gym with a bunch of classes that I like the look of, and have signed up.  Membership begins the 1st of February.  One of the ways that I plan to ensure that I do my 3 sessions a week is to book them into my calendar at the start of each week, as if they were appointments or work meetings.  Hopefully next month I will be able to report back on all the new classes that I have been a part of.

As far as the eating has gone this month its been a tough month.  The first ten days of the year I decided to commit to a ten day detox in which I avoided dairy, wheat, sugar, sweeteners and all processed foods. The toughest part of that for me was having no milk in my tea. By the end of the ten days the only thing I could think of was a decent cup of tea!

Last week my mom and I joined Slimming World. Essentially its a weight loss club, but the way that you eat with this plan is far more a lifestyle plan than a short term weight loss plan.  Its all about clean eating while minimizing processed foods and sugars.  Food wise its been a good week for me and the scales show it. First weigh in and I have lost three and a half pounds.  Its a good start and definitely a step in the right direction.    

All in all, so far I think the steps that I have taken are helping me get to where I want to go.  I found this quote and picture on Google a while ago and came across it again last night.  I really feel that this quote and sentiment is meant for me. So, I am taking hold of it with both my hands and reminding myself about it day in and day out.


You Might Also Like

0 comments