{ 10 Things on the 10th - September Edition }
Monday, September 10, 2012
September is one of my most favourite months. I'm sure that there are more reasons why I love this month than what I am going to give you but the biggest one of all is that its my BIRTHDAY month!! That's reason enough, right? Of course!
So I thought that this months 10 Things on the 10th edition will be based around my most favourite birthday memories and traditions, from my first birthday up to my last one.
♥ My first birthday cake was brilliant - and it was about as big I was. My mom baked it by hand but from the photo I have from that day, I clearly wasn't happy about something!
♥ As my brothers birthday is only a few days before mine, when we were younger, we often used to have a shared party. One year, Bozo the Clown came round for a visit. I love him and his wonderful nose, and my brother spent the entire time clinging onto my mom in fear. He clearly didn't like Bozo the Clown.
♥ It has been a long standing tradition in our family that when its your special day, you always get to pick what meal you want for dinner as well as what dessert. Up until last year, so for about 28 years, my menu choice was always lasagna for the main, and chocolate mouse for pudding. I never changed the order - and love it each and every year.
♥ Birthdays have always been a huge deal in our family........and I think they always will be.
♥ This lovely photo was me at my fourth birthday. That year I got my little tricycle and road it round for hours and hours.
♥ This one year, my boyfriend at the time, bought me a huge heart shaped cookie from Millie's Cookies with happy birthday written in icing in Afrikaans. Very sweet considering he is British and doesn't speak the language.♥ Other than a handful of years, I have always loved getting lots of little gifts rather than just one big one. I love the whole unwrapping thing and lots of surprises.
♥ When I turned thirteen, my parents allowed me to throw my very first disco. I remember many tears that year - parents can be so embarrassing.
♥ From the time I turned eighteen, I have given my mom a wish list every year. Sometimes she buys things off the list and sometimes she doesn't - it's all part of the fun!
♥ When I was growing up, I used to love keeping my birthday cards. I used to take them out a few times during the year and go through, reading through the lovely words and reminding myself how much I was loved and how special my day was.


13 comments
Well, happy birthday month to you! I enjoyed your post party!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :-)
DeleteHappy Birthday! This is a fabulous post -- great memories! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much
Deleteit's my birthday month too, have a great day. Love that top photo!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, happy birthday month too Jane. Thank you for stopping by.
DeleteLovely birthday list :)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much
DeleteLovely memories and may I wish you a lovely birthday this year too.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Mary.
DeleteHappy birthday month, I have a friend that has decided in some small way to celebrate life every day this birthday month :)
ReplyDeleteOooh, that is a great idea! I will have to keep that in mind for next year :-) Thanks for sharing.
DeleteI love birthdays and birthday traditions. I hope you have a great one this year.
ReplyDelete