Nail art love

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I love nails and art and so it makes sense to experiment with putting the two together.  One of the things that I love about my body are my nails. I am so lucky to have good nails. They grow quickly and are pretty strong. It doesn't take much work from me to keep them in good condition. 

So, over the past few weeks, I have been trying new designs on my nails. All of them are painted free hand and admittedly, some of them turned out better than others, but that's how we learn right?  Here are some pictures of my nails, the good, the bad and the ugly.....as they say.

First up are my nautical nails.  If I remember correctly, I had been looking through the predicted spring trends for 2012  and all things nautical were very high on the agenda. I guess I got a little inspired to create my own nautical themed nails.


 Then there was this idea.  Muted colours complementing each other.


This design was in honour of Valentines Day.  The heart was free hand and if I am honest, this is one of my favourites that I will definitely be doing time and time again.
 

This design would be one of the "ugly".  I like the idea but not too keen on the colours or the messiness of them.  All of it was done free hand but I really think that you can tell - which is not the type of look I am going for.


And the last two designs are simply some cheap and cheerful stickers that i purchased from Boots.  There are a whole bunch of different designed stickers of which I pretty much like all of them!  While the stickers take less skill (so to speak) they are just as fun and give a great finish to your nails. I love both of the designs below.



 I hope you have enjoyed me sharing my designs with you and I hope that you will share your own. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments