Finding peace with a visual journal

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Wednesday evening was my evening for doing something arty. I shelved my course work, high lighters and study book, i put aside my to-do list and chores, i Sky+ my television programmes and put on some sweet rocking, girly music. 

I needed some me time, some time to let my creative juices flow, to switch off from the stresses of work, the disappointments of life and particular complications. I wanted to find myself a little bit of peace in this crazy, hectic world.

 A few days ago i came across a fellow bloggers visual journal and it got me thinking.  By nature, I'm a perfectionist and that seems to translate itself into my art as well.  Yesterday, i just needed some space to play, to not worry about the best colour combinations or how straight the lines were. I wanted to just enjoy myself, to let go and just create. I wanted a place to go so that i could relax, find balance in my current season of life and more specifically find a little bit of peace.

So I've made a start on my own visual journal. A place that i hope i will be able to go to on a daily basis ( or on a somewhat daily basis ),  Somewhere that i can capture snippets of life that i can go to when life is getting me down.   A happy memory or happening from that day, a special bible verse, something to be grateful for or anything else that i just want to note down.

As time goes on, i hope to share my lovely visual journal with you so here are a few photos to show you the beginnings.

You Might Also Like

0 comments