Tending To 2017 | August Goals

Tuesday, August 01, 2017


I came across this quote early on in the month and I had no idea that it was going to be something to hold onto all month.  I love the simplicity of the message, the truth in the words. I have been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting and I keep coming back to those things that are most important in life. To being honest and truthful, making the most of what we have, to be happy with the simple pleasures of life and to have courage when times are tough or things go wrong. That is part of what makes a good life and I am so grateful for the reminder.

In a few days, I am off to spend four glorious days, all on my own, at the beach and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully, the weather will be nice and I can spend time walking along the water, swimming in the pool and exploring the local area but while I am catching up on my R&R I also want to take the opportunity to plan my goals and areas of focus for the rest of the year.  So while I plan out the rest of 2017 I intend to keep this quote front and center.
   
As we head into the final month of Summer and into my planning for the rest of the year, I want to keep Augusts goals light and simple.  I have aligned them to my Summer Refresh goals which I shared previously and hope to make some real progress on my Wellness project.  So this is what I plan to work on this new month.

Monthly Goals
Read the Body Love book || I have heard such good reviews on this book over the past four weeks that I had to go ahead and get the book for myself.
Go on a solo adventure || I am off to the beach as I mentioned earlier but before I head off there I want to find a few fun things to see and do.
Look into investments and stocks || This one has been on my tending list for a few months and while I have made progress I haven't gotten to the stage where I am ready to actually invest, which is where I want to be by the end of the month.
Try a new church || This one makes my heart sad. I still haven't found a church that I can call home and get involved in.  I need to change that.
Create a new story layout || I'm not exactly sure how I want to document my Wellness journey just yet but at the very least I want to make sure that I document one story layout to go into it.
Renew home insurance || Not exactly exciting but a necessity.
Identify and define the focus areas for the rest of 2017 || Already touched on above but basically, I want to pick four or five areas to make progress in by the end of the year and define what that progress looks like.

Weekly Goals
Have 3 zero £ days || I am hoping that this goal will help me be more intentional when I'm wanting to spend my money and will help me to spend less.
Write a postcard to granny || After doing this for seven months now you would think this would be a habit by now but alas, it is not. If I don't have it on my list it doesn't get done.
Create 1 blog post || I am trying to create meaningful content and so I am aiming for one post a week.
Track spending || This is another one that should be a habit by now but just isn't....so I keep it on here every month to help me stay on track.

Daily Goals
Write the Word
Vitamins
Move my body
TV off at 8pm
10-minute tidy

And that is what this month will hopefully be looking like. I hope that you enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments