Live Healthy | My First DietBet
Friday, April 08, 2016
A few days ago I shared a post with you about my craving for Freedom. Freedom from striving to attain a body classed as thin or skinny, freedom from my current relationship with food and freedom for my heart from the negative self talk and thoughts.
It is a little tricky, this dream of freedom while trying to lose weight and live a healthy life. While I continue to work on finding my freedom, I plan to also focus on getting healthy and achieving another of my goals, which is to lose 60lbs by the end of the year.
This is where DietBet comes in. DietBet has been around for ages now and there have been a few different times over the years, that I have considered signing up. The thing that put me off though was that for someone who has a lot of weight to lose, losing 4% of my weight in 4 weeks in a healthy manner is near on impossible and so I gave it a miss. But the other day I saw an add pop up on Facebook for DietBet, advertising that they now also have 6 month transformation games. So I clicked on over and found a game that involves a challenge of 10% off in 5 months a either a maintaining of that 10% or further losing for the 6th month. I started to get excited, this was something that I could probably have a pretty good go at doing.....and so I signed up.
The game started on the 5th of April and the goal is to lose 9.8lbs by the 5th of May. Now that is still a real challenge for me and I am not 100% sure that I can make that....but I am willing to put in the work and give it my very best effort to see if it is something that I can do.
As part of the game you need to submit a full length photo of yourself on your scale each month, so here it is...my before photo if you like. I am both excited and scared silly but I am going to give it my absolute best shot to reach each months percentage targets.



0 comments