Illustrated Faith | His Timing
Wednesday, September 09, 2015When you want something desperately, waiting can be tough. Whether you have to wait for a couple of weeks or, like in my case coming up to nine years, waiting can be hard on your dreams, hard on your emotions and sometimes, hard on your faith.
During these times it can be easy to give up, easy to get frustrated and to take things into your own hands. As someone who is living this, I'm going to be real here - I've gone through periods of time where I wonder if God has forgotten about me. I wonder if God is really going to keep his promises to me, like He has for what feels like every other person in my life. Sometimes, I even find yourself trying to negotiate with God. "God, if you could just do x,y and z for me then I promise that I'll do or give......" Deep down I know it probably isn't going to work but I figure "hey, what can it hurt to try?".
While I feel a little foolish sharing that, I also know that I'm human and that all of the above and more is normal. God created me with emotions and thoughts and I don't surprise Him one little bit....and while I honestly do believe it, I also know that God calls me to a higher standard. These past couple of days, He has been challenging me in this area....the area of faith and truly trusting Him with my future and with His timing.
Sunday morning I spent some time writing in my journal and reading his word and I happened to come across Psalm 62v8, I love how the Amplified version shares this verse....Trust in, lean on, rely on... God is my refuge. My trust and faith need to be in Him.....and that includes trusting and having faith in His timing.
So today I want to encourage you, if you are waiting for God to fulfil your hearts desires, trust in Him, lean on Him, have faith in Him.....and remember, to have faith in God, means to have faith in His timing as well.


0 comments