Illustrated Faith | A Verse To Hold Onto

Monday, September 21, 2015

I had so hoped to have been sharing this post with you via a YouTube process video but it turns out it isn't as easy as I had hoped. So while I continue to figure out how on earth to make, edit and upload videos I'll carry on sharing this with you the old fashioned way. If you have any good resources or "how to" posts please do me a big favor and share them with me.  

Last Sunday, a few days after my birthday, I was enjoying a walk through a local park and forest.  I was soaking up the late summer sunshine and enjoying the nature I found myself surrounded by.  I was talking to my heavenly daddy, pouring out my heart and my thoughts.  Talking to Him about some of the struggles that I have not been doing such a great job at dealing with, praising Him for the blessings in my life that I had received over the last year, giving Him my dreams and desires for the year ahead. While talking to Him about all of this, 

I asked Him for a verse that I could hold onto for the year ahead. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was expecting....a sign from above, a loud voice, a big bright arrow. I started to sift through all the bible verses I could think of but none of them were right.  I met back up with my Dad at the park entrance, made our way back to the car and life carried on.  Monday morning I was reading my daily devotional and found my verse - Luke 1:45.        


This weekend I pulled out my journaling bible, prepped the page with gesso and once it dried I used some inks, modelling paste and gellatos to create a foundation. I then added a photo, some scrapbooking papers and a doilie and used rubons and stickers for the words. I finished it off with a little prayer to the Lord and my birthday date stamped.  


I really love this verse and to be honest, I cant say that I have ever come across it before. I'm excited to see where this next year takes me and I plan to dig in deeper with the Lord and His plans for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments