Everyday Life | 33 Little Things That I Am Grateful For Right Now
Wednesday, May 20, 2015I spent some time this weekend watching Ali Edwards new Story Kit sub video - Little Things. One of the layouts that she shared with us was around her gratitude of the small things in her life. Last year I was all about documenting my life lived with gratitude but this year.....not so much.
Living a life with gratitude is still really important to me but I have slacked in the documenting of it so far this year. While watching Ali's video, I thought it would be a good idea to capture 33 little things that I am grateful for right now. A random selection of big and small things, every day items, people, memories, thoughts and feelings. A real mishmash of items and a little window into my life right now.
1. I'm thankful for eight days off work.
2. I'm thankful for morning snuggles and face smooshing with Smidge.
3. I'm thankful for sweet potato and avocado.
4. I'm thankful for a favorable evaluation on my house for my re-mortgage.
5. I'm thankful for my IPhone and all its brilliant apps.
6. I'm thankful for stumbling across lavender essential oils and my diffuser.
7. I'm thankful for all the little adventures that I have taken so far this year and those that are still to come.
8. I'm thankful for the flexibility that my current job gives me. Being able to work from home and arrange my own diary provides opportunities for thankfulness on almost a daily basis.
9. I'm thankful for my love of reading. Books open my world and challenge me like no other.
10. I'm thankful for my great grans chair that sits in my lounge and reminds me of her each time I look over at it.
11. I'm thankful for hot bubble baths.
12. I'm thankful for people who share their story and challenge me on my own.
13. I'm thankful for friends who love me exactly as I am.
14. I'm thankful for my past experiences and how they shaped me into who I am today and I'm even more thankful that my past is not my future.
15. I'm thankful for fresh pineapple fingers.
16. I'm thankful for the delicious and healthy granola that I make for breakfast most mornings.
17. I'm thankful for telephone calls with my gran in South Africa.
18. I'm thankful for my huge selection of nail polishes.
19. I'm thankful for my dedicated scrapbooking space.
20. I'm thankful for retired neighbors who are home when I am out working and who are kind enough to take in my parcels from the postman so that I don't have to make special trips to the local sorting office.
21. I'm thankful for getting to start over again each and every day.
22. I'm thankful for pajama and dressing gown days.
23. I'm thankful for makeup and mostly mascara.
24. I'm thankful for a garden so that I can hang my laundry outside to dry.
25. I'm thankful for fun days out and camera phones to capture the memories.
26. I'm thankful for easy D.I.Y fixes saving me money and potentially headaches.
27. I'm thankful for the opportunity to own my house.
28. I'm thankful for the way my dad calls me Ninny....even though I am a grown 33 year old women.
29. I'm thankful for a heart that loves and cares for people.
30. I'm thankful for a mom who cooks dinner for me on a Saturday evening almost every week.
31. I'm thankful for growing up in South Africa with all that it entails.
32. I'm thankful for my bed.
33. I'm thankful for a Heavenly Daddy who loves me and has a good plan for my life.
What things are you currently grateful for?


0 comments