Craft The Story | I AM

Sunday, April 19, 2015


One of the things that I have done for myself this year is intentionally put aside time to create. Some days I get up an hour earlier than normal while other days I turn off the television in the evening and go upstairs to my office.  I have been doing project life, scrapbook layouts and One Little Word during my creative times. I have been trying new techniques, new color combinations and figuring out what I like and don't like. I've been stretching myself....and more excitingly I have been having fun doing it!

The challenge that I set myself for this layout included the color orange and the use of a sewing machine. So I dug out my patterned papers and found this aqua sheet with white script and a second piece with orange circles, aqua centers and grey stars.  They looked great together.  I then went through some photos, found a recent one of myself and printed it in black and white.  


So far this year I have been doing a lot of work on myself. A lot of personal development, a lot of soul searching and a lot of trying new things.  With all of these changes and experiences that I have been having I wanted to capture the women that I am right now.  A window into who I am at that moment in time. The journey into discovering more about myself. The challenge of pushing and stretching myself further than I think possible. 

So I put together a "I AM" layout capturing a few of the words, descriptions and sentences that make up who I am right now. I love how this gives some insight into what is going on in my life, how I am feeling and the perspective that I have.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments