The Month Of (Almost) No Spending Challenge

Sunday, February 01, 2015



For me, Christmas and January have been pretty heavy spending months. I am fairly good with my money and my spending - I have a budget and I never spend more than my monthly salary.  But here's the thing - I don't have a lot left over for saving....and I want to save more than what I currently am.  

This isn't just about saving though. This is also about using what I have so that I waste less.  This is about learning to be content with what I already have. This is about creating space in my life for more peace. This is about so much more then money.  For the next twenty eight days I am challenging myself to spend money only on those things which are real necessities and to eat what I already have in my cupboard, fridge and freezer.

This means that I will be spending money on:
  •  toiletries only when and if I have completely finished what I already own.
  •  food that is wholesome, clean and nourishing for my body.
  •  items which I have already committed to like bills, the dentist etc.
  •  petrol.
  •  items related to my health.

This means that I will be saying no to:
  •  impulse and unplanned purchases.
  •  takeaways and fast food. 
  •  scrapbooking stash, kits and art supplies,
  •  sweets, cakes, chocolate, pastries.
  •  clothes, shoes and accessories.
  •  makeup and beauty products unless the criteria in the section above is met.
  •  kindle books.
  •  buying lunch from the canteen at work. 
I'm not sure if I will recap each week or simply at the end of the twenty eight days but I will definitely be doing one or the other.  Would you like to join me in this challenge? If so, leave a message and make sure you come back during the month to let me know how you are getting on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments