Project Life 2015 | January
Wednesday, February 11, 2015I have had so much fun doing this and have learnt a lot along the way. Two things that I am going to do differently for my February layouts is to do the cards as the month goes along instead of leaving it all for March and I'm going to keep a couple of 3 x 4 cards out to fill in as the month goes along.
Here's a look at January's layouts:
January has been a month of all sorts. No one big event or experience, just lots of little things that have all added together. A New Years day stroll through Bradgate Park, several snow days and a new typewriter to name a few.
One of the things that I knew before I started Project Life was that I want my pages to tell the story of my life. I want to put words with the photos. I want to include only those things that make up those stories, not every single photo I take during the month.
One of the big things that I want to keep in mind this year is to put aside time to play. And not just in the sense of creating, reading or cooking but also in the sense of laughing and being in awe of sparkle and glitter each and every day.
The Studio Calico Project Life kit came with a bag of individual chipboard words. I so love this idea and think that they look so great on my layouts. In the " I just want to ..." card below, I used the words within my journaling and to add interest to the page. In the Snow Days card, I used the chipboard with the word "Because" and used it as a jumping point for the journaling card.
Supplies Used
- Page Protectors | 12 x 12 Design A
- Kits | Studio Calico, Seafoam
- Letter Stickers | Studio Calico Alpha Letter stickers
- Tools | Large corner punch, Fiskars paper trimmer, Tombow liquid glue
- Stamps | Ali Edwards Week In The Life 2014, Studio Calico Far Far Away
- Embellishments | Prima sugar dot stickers, Simple Stories DIY, unknown others








4 comments
I love it! I can NOT believe this is you first crack at PL. You are a natural! Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour comment made my day!! Thank you so very much
DeleteGorgeous PL spread! Love your style!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lori :-)
Delete